Wednesday, September 10, 2008

purple is the new gold

Move over, Oscar, there's a new award in town...

I was very kindly double-whammied by Rebecca and Stefanie to receive this award, which I do so gratefully. Muchas gracias! And, if there was a lavish gala at which to accept my purple frog statue, I would borrow a dress from Jennifer Aniston, have my speech written by Gwyneth Paltrow, and find a hot pair of Jimmy Choo shoes...on sale, of course!
At this point I am supposed to post the rules, which I copy & pasted from R's site:
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes. (WAIT...how did I get nominated for this award???)
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
This is where I pass on the goods...but remember how I just want everyone to win? I don't think I can pick 5 blogs out of the gazillion stored in my "favorites." So I am going to try to pick people who haven't mentioned being really busy lately or who would probably prefer I didn't choose them (you know who you are!)
Yvonne - which languages do her kids NOT speak?
Tami - a humble heart and gentle spirit
Kerry - a single mama and she STILL takes on an exchange student!
Rebecca - we share a heart (I would have said "brain," too, but didn't want to offend her)
Kari - no one more precious on the planet...she has a crazy crew and yet her blog is serene

3 comments:

Kerry said...

=) Look, it works! You are such an inspirational person, you know that? I'm huggin' ya all the way from here!

Tami said...

Wow! I'm honored Tish.....Thanks for thinking of me, and your oh so kind comments. I'll pass the award on. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Yahoo! I won! I won! Thanks for the shout out.

You are quite inspiration. I am so glad we discovered each other.

Can't wait to get my invite for the lavish gala.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker