Thursday, September 18, 2008

living love

The following short video was created by the Children's Hunger Fund in thanks to Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley. Last year Cornerstone gave away HALF of all monies they received to help the needy and oppressed, with $1M going to the Children's Hunger Fund.

This video was shared during a service entitled "Prayer and Praise," which can be found at the Cornerstone website. Francis never fails to stir my heart by his transparency and honesty, as well as with his challenges to the church to live and love sacrificially.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Thanks for sharing- amazing that his church has been giving half of what they take in away. Now that I am on staff at a church, I understand what that really means. WOW.

I have to get my hands on that song- it was one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Any idea who it is?

Jenna said...

OK- because I'm an impatient sort of person....I answered my own question. It is Lisa Chan, Francis's wife, in case anyone else is wondering. Thanks, iTunes. Turns out she released an album this year. She's got an amazing voice!!

Yvonne Crawford said...

That is really cool!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker