Thursday, October 23, 2008

Praying for the Presidential Election

Yes, I'm rockin' the blogs today with 4 posts (so far)...(and I made pumpkin bread!)...but I just posted some new Election Intercessions on my prayer blog if you'd like to join me.


side note: I think sometimes the greatest moments are when you're just going along in life...loving your kid...when out of the blue you just fall more deeply in love with him.

With the way his face lights up when he finds the exit number you ask him to look for. Or with his most excellent skee-ball follow through. Or with his little head resting on your chest in the dark.

It's like a Snow White moment when little birds circle your head chirping sweet melodies and soft bunnies hop beside your feet and...DANG GNATS! Seriously, these gnats are driving me insane (don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge, I'm tryin' not to lose my head --remember that song?) One is flying back and forth in front of my eyes (see, I thought it was little birds) and another keeps jumping on the keyboard. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

But, anyway, I really love my kid.

3 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Are those gnats SERIOUSLY...

See, if you moved someplace, well, a little more SEASONAL, all those buggies would be dead. We had our first frost a couple of weeks ago - voila, the air is pest-free.

I'm just sayin'. :)

I loved your comments about falling in love with your kid. I have those moments all the time. :) Today it was this look Grant gave me - his facial expression and wrinkled-up nose!! Dang I love my kids. :)

Tami said...

I LOVE those moments that happen out of the blue, when your heart just seems to fill up even more than you thought it possibly could!

Lisa said...

You always rock your blogs!! And you are a devoted and sweet friend to so many! Owen is a doll!

Your post about falling in love over and over again....sigh...so true and so right!
Happy Friday!
Lisa C.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker