Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm an adult! I can talk like an adult!


I needed to stop by my former workplace (www.calvaryabq.org) to have some readoption paperwork notarized, so I dropped off Matthew at Scott's office. I knew my co-workers would be bummed because they would rather see him than me, but it was easier this way.


Well...what I found out was that I can still have an adult conversation! Really! I can have a whole conversation without speaking in a high-pitched voice...without saying "no no"...and without reaching over to wipe drool off the person's chin. And even when the conversation shifted to topics other than diapers, formula, and sleeping through the night, I could still keep up and participate! I was so excited! I felt so grown-up!


Here's a photo from Daddy's office. Next time Matthew goes to work, he needs to come home with a paycheck because after we left the office we spent $50 on formula, baby food, and rash-stopping lotion.

5 comments:

Ann said...

So proud of you. You mean not one, little high pitched hello!!LOL

JEff said...

Hi Tish! Got your comment about the bedding. It is from Target (the duvet, king shams, and euro shams). The other pillows are from HomeGoods which is a TJ Maxx store.

Sherry said...

Oh it is so nice to be able to talk "non-baby" every now & then isnt it:) LOL! I laughed out loud when you said that Matthew needs to bring home a paycheck... I'll be beyond excited when Kobi can cut my grass. LOL! LOL!

jen said...

Tish, I totally know how you feel. Too bad you don't live close enough to come visit me and have some adult conversation!

jen

Rebecca Lily said...

Adult conversation? What is that? LOL.

Paychecks from our kids would be great. Even better, when they are old enough to put their own laundry away. Then my loveseat can stop being everybody's dresser (like it is now). The piles are so high they are about to topple over. Please tell me I am not the only one who piles laundry on their couch...!!

Rebecca

P.S. We have started doing some of our grocery/diaper shopping at Sam's Club. We spent $250 last night if it makes you feel any better. LOL.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker