Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm on my waaaaaay, Home Sweet Home

You have to sing that post title like the Motley Crue song...

All packed!

Matthew and I are headed out this week to visit my place of birth...my point of origin...my peeps. And that means just one thing: A BLIZZARD! Yes, every time I go home I am greeted with a blizzard. OK, that may be a wee bit of an exaggeration...but just a wee. So I ran out last night to buy some cold weather clothes and, luckily, Old Navy had fleeces for $8...so I will be the Queen o' Fleece for a whole week. Same shirt, different color...same shirt, different color...didn't she wear that yesterday?...no, same shirt, different color.
We are taking Amtrak. When I booked, I thought it was a 12 hour overnight trip. HAHAHAHA! Well, it is overnight, but it is a 22 hour trip!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!! But honestly that sounds better than navigating the airports, going through security, and sitting through flights with wiggle-butt on my lap...and the train ticket was cheaper than a spur-of-the-moment plane ticket, but more expensive than hitch hiking.
Well better go practice packing...with all of Matthew's necessities I will be lucky if my stunning new $8 fleeces even fit in the suitcase!

4 comments:

JEff said...

Tish,

We'll be praying for you and your Mom. We're headed to Glorieta in a couple of weeks, so we won't be far from y'all.

jen said...

Lots of prayers for your mom and your family. At least you packed the most important thing already! =)

love,
jen

Stefanie said...

i am SO excited you're coming.
monicals
dinner
wednesday night
:)

Rebecca Lily said...

Hey Tish,

Have fun hanging out with your homies!! :) I'll be praying your 22 hour train trip goes well. And that you're greeted by sunshine and fair weather when you step off that Amtrak. :)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker