Wednesday, August 13, 2008

better start saving our pennies!

Matthew went to college, and he LOVED it!

Yesterday we hung out at the university...sharing a slice at a local pizza joint and walking around campus. The destination was actually the campus duck pond, but M seemed to love it all. Bicycles, skateboards, grass, water, ducks, Sonic slushes...they all got his approval.

As we sat on a bench sipping our slushes, I kept asking if he was ready to go home, ready to go back to the car. Each time he would emphatically shake his head NO! This boy who will typically dig the car keys out of my bag to let me know when he is bored and ready to get goin' was perfectly content to sit at college and watch the world go by.

- - - - - - - - - -

SCOTT STUFF:
As we watched the US women's gymnastics team huddled together talking, Scott exclaimed, "Babes, I can't believe they're not texting each other!"

I've been sick and recently asked Scott to suck out my eyeballs with a turkey baster. He declared, "That is beyond my comfort level."

Me: Will you get some plastic cups out of the cabinet?
Scott: Speaking of plastic cups, have you talked to your mom today?
Me: Uh, no...but I plan to. Have you talked to YOUR mom today?
Scott: No, but I'm drinking a smoothie in a plastic cup.

- - - - - - -

We have two baby bunnies in our backyard!!


8 comments:

Laurzie said...

OK, the Scott conversations had me cracking up!!! You guys are so funny! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun day!

Kim said...

I can tell that there is never a dull moment with Scott around...he sounds like a HOOT!

I sounds like you and Matthew had a wonderful day!

Kim

Rebecca Lily said...

Too funny on the turkey baster!! I have been sick too!!!!!! What is up with getting sick in August???

Love all the photos... the trip to college and pizza/slushes sounds like a perfect day. :)

xoxo
R

Rebecca Lily said...

P.S. My fave pic of Matthew is the people-watching one. :) It's the look in his eyes while he sips his slushie. :)

Stefanie said...

ahhhhhh the baby bunnies are so precious! i want to hold one they are so cute.

and i can't believe that out of all things he loves to people watch? that just seems so. . . boring. but whatever it takes to entertain the little man.

see you in 6 days!

RamblingMother said...

cute. so how exactly do the plastic cups remind Scott of the mothers?

Just Us said...

Great coversation. Love the pics. How did you get M to drink out of a straw...want to try that. He will drink out of his CARS sippy cup with no stopper, but can't get him to drink out of a straw.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker